K2S is a consulting firm based in the Washington DC Metro area. K2S provides Supply Chain solutions specializing in JDA/RedPrairie WMS, by a group of consultants located across the globe. We promote an environment that ensures work-life balance while providing top-quality solutions.
The Technical Architect provides direction to the on-site team on the technical design and definition and execution of related business process workflows that accompany the solution. This role is critical to the successful implementation of supply chain planning solutions and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the technical deliverables on projects involving the implementation of JDA/RedPrairie’s Platform based Supply Chain Planning products.
Responsible for the overall product and business solution design and delivery aspects of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementation.
- Provide a variety of technical support to the project team; including, but not limited to, quality assurance/design review, environment setup, software installation, configuration, operations consulting, troubleshooting, system testing, and programming.
- Assist customers in designing, developing and executing WMS Performance Load Tests utilizing tools such as HP Load Runner, MOCA Scripting, etc., simulate future workloads to measure throughput and response times of the JDA WMS Solution.
- Provide and conduct technical analysis sessions with clients and/or the project team to understand the functional and technical needs of the client and develop technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Facilitate/lead technical analysis and/or design workshops in support of desired to-be business requirements and then transferring the information gained into a written design document for group review and consensus.
- Collaborate with teams to effectively estimate project timelines, and determine when to escalate issues that may have a negative financial impact.
- Analyze the Technical and Solution Architecture and make recommendations in order to optimize System Performance.
- Utilize monitoring and profiling tools such as MOCA Console, Trace Analyzer, Explain Plan, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle AWR Reports to detect, isolate, and resolve issues proactively. ∙ Help refactoring poorly performing Application code and database queries.
- Serve as the liaison to both product development and Consulting/Support/Cloud teams.
Technical Application Support
- MOCA tracing
- MOCA components
- Blue Yonder/JDA/RedPrairie database tables and relationships
- Reporting (DDA’s and SQL)
- Database Management
- Blue Yonder/JDA/RedPrairie configuration platform
- MOCA (McHugh Open Concept Architecture)
- WMS RDB (Relational Database) tables used within JDA
- DDA (Data Driven Application) design/creation
- Page Builder design/creation
- Integrator (JDA’s interface tool for outside systems)
- SQL Server performance analysis
- JAVA (RF Forms)
- Groovy scripting language for JAVA
- Working knowledge of C, C++ (ability to read it)
- Functional Understanding
- General understanding of warehouse processes
- Floor/operational experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or technology related field
- 7+ years of experience with deploying supply chain solutions
- At least 3 years WMS and WPO (Labor/Productivity) experience
- Experience with participating in design sessions, resolving technical issues during various project phases.
- Proven experience working in a temporary project role and participated, to some degree, in a solution implementation targeting specific project requirements as either a customer of JDA's or as a consultant providing services for customers.
- Experience with machine learning algorithmic engines and concepts is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain solutions and in particular, Warehouse Management systems; previous work experience in transportation, supply chain, logistics and/or warehouse is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing (e.g. design / test documentation)
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) and work on customer site (in warehouse environment)
- Fluency in English
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US, as No immigration sponsorship, nor relocation is provided for this role