K2S is a professional services firm headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA. K2S provides Supply Chain solutions specializing in JDA/RedPrairie/Blue Yonder WMS, with customers and team members located across the globe.
We promote an environment that ensures work-life balance while providing top-quality solutions. As a small business, we offer an attractive benefits package, including a generous paid time off program, retirement savings and health insurance benefits for the family. All our positions are remote roles, and team members can work anywhere in the contiguous United States.
The Business Systems Analyst will support the team with implementation, design, and addressing the customer’s needs. The Analyst will focus on Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) to measure and conduct operational improvements. This individual will work with client organizations to enhance supply chain and logistics performance through strategic planning, process re-engineering and/or information technology implementation. This individual will analyze existing business processes and data flows to develop system designs, system configurations and delivery roadmaps.
The Business Systems Analyst must demonstrate passion for strengthening and enhancing business results through software solutions and is expected to provide incident assistance as necessary and coordinate with assigned Project Management resources.
Travel may be necessary in working directly with the customer, and the candidate must be available to travel at a minimum of 25% annually.
Systems Design and Analysis
- Analyzes current and future state business systems processes
- Transforms requirements into software design
- Writes test scenarios, and performs system testing and lead user acceptance testing cycles
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
- Provides day-to-day application support to business users
- Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues
- Completes minor software programming modifications
- Trains users on system processes and changes
- Communicates with users to develop application definitions
- Works with users on functional requirements, development, and implementation plans
- Works with users and co-workers to manage a project from concept through testing and rollout
- Ensures the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
- Participates in project and administrative meetings and prepares project status reports
- Communicate with both internal and external customers regarding status of projects
- Shares best practices and provide guidance to clients through the duration of the project
- Guides clients through system implementation, identify any problems, opportunities, and risks
- Participates in pre-sales activities, meetings, and industry and marketing activities if or as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or technology related field
- 3+ years’ experience in an analyst role performing system analysis and writing functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain solutions and in particular, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) – JDA/RedPrairie/Blue Yonder WMS Preferred
- Knowledge of Enterprise data integration with host systems and WMS Applications
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices
- Strong client interaction experience as well as outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing (e.g. design / test documentation)
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure with time restraints, direction and guidance to complete tasks on a timely manner
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) and work on customer site (in warehouse environment)
- Fluency in English
Must Have Skills
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio (or a similar diagramming and vector graphic application like Synthis, Lucid Charts, etc.)
- Good understanding of configurations and options available in a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Ability to understand basic warehouse operations and document them using easy to follow process flow diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Training Materials for end users
- Basic understanding of SQL; Ability to write simple SQL commands is desirable
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US, as No immigration sponsorship, nor relocation is provided for this role