K2S is a professional services firm headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA. K2S provides Supply Chain solutions specializing in JDA/RedPrairie/Blue Yonder WMS, with customers and team members located across the globe.
We promote an environment that ensures work-life balance while providing top-quality solutions. As a small business, we offer an attractive benefits package, including a generous paid time off program, retirement savings and health insurance benefits for the family. All our positions are remote roles, and team members can work anywhere in the contiguous United States.
The Solutions Architect is a “Thought Leader” in their product solution area of focus and is able to apply that knowledge to customer situations. This individual provides leadership and direction to the implementation team on the design and execution of the solution, as well as defines business process workflows that accompany the solution. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of how Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) solutions can be configured and delivered to better facilitate customer business processes. The ideal candidate will be responsible for enabling project continuity and should have the ability to design, execute, and deliver WMS Solutions single-handedly.
The aim of this role is to take ownership of a solution within an implementation project and architect software solutions that solve the customer’s business problem, while generating maximum value for the customer. This individual will serve as a functional liaison and contribute to key meetings between the WMS technical teams, business stakeholders, operational leaders, end users and project sponsors.
Qualified applicants may be located anywhere in the US; however they must be able and willing to travel up to 35% during the year.
Responsible for the overall product and business solution design and delivery aspects of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementation.
- Responsible for the overall product and business solution design and delivery aspects of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementation.
- Facilitates/leads business diagnostics, process analysis and/or design workshops to help flush out as-is and desired to-be solution state and ultimately writes a solution design document to support business requirements.
- Leads the writing of functional specifications during the design phase of the project that supports the documented solution design.
- Articulates deployment options and guides customers to make right choices.
- Assists Project Managers in planning efforts including detailed project plan task detail (work breakdown structure) based on the specific phase and need of the project.
- Communicate project risks that may have an impact on the project schedule, scope or budget.
- Escalate project issues which surface and cannot be quickly resolved which will have an impact on the project schedule, scope, or budget.
- Provides technical program management for customer IT organizations.
- Recognizes and highlights incremental revenue opportunities with existing customers and projects
- Provides advice to customers regarding WMS best practices and process methodology.
- Provides non-technical end user support during the ‘go-live’ and hyper-care post ‘go-live’ period.
- Provides escalation and advisory support during ‘go-lives’ and delicate customer situations.
- Performs upgrade assessment, performance assessment, ‘go-live’ readiness assessment, environments readiness assessment, etc.
- Ensures knowledge transfer is conducted with key customer project team/end users to maximize customers’ success.
- Demonstrates and articulates Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) architecture and deployment strategies to prospective customers including C-level executives, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing WMS solutions. Blue Yonder WMS preferred, but relevant experience with other solutions such as HighJump or Manhattan may be considered
- Implemented WMS solutions at three or more sites and is considered go to person for technology and business challenges in the WMS space
- Possesses deep functional, technology and industry expertise with proven abilities in setting, implementing, and following supply chain best practices
- Strong business analysis skills, understanding and usage of statistical algorithms, inventory optimization concepts, awareness of tactical planning on overall supply chain required
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing (e.g. design / test documentation)
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) and work on customer site (in warehouse environment)
- Fluency in English
Must Have Skills
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio (or a similar diagramming and vector graphic application like Synthis, Lucid Charts, etc.)
- Expertise with configurations and options available in a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and differences between multiple versions
- Advanced understanding of warehouse operations and the ability to document them using easy to follow process flow diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Training Materials
- Basic understanding of SQL with the ability to write simple SQL scripts
- Ability to perform minor troubleshooting by reviewing technical code and trace files
- Knowledge of Enterprise data integration with host systems and WMS Application
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US, as No immigration sponsorship, nor relocation is provided for this role